Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dinner at Pavillion Beach Restuarant, Kamala Beach, Phuket, Thailand, Milky Way, Universe, Little Ball Hanging from a Cat's Neck

Tonight at dinner Erica wrote a note on a napkin. It read: hi julia. i like you! we're on the Indian Ocean!!! ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD! the end! (schmau!) <3

The reply:
Erica my fair headed maiden of the seas, why do I find myself seven moons upon this cursed vessle without a word to warm my heart that you are well. My mother, on her weary deathbed in that ill-fated isle of damp, warned me to guard my spirit against those that possess the green sparkled eye, the eye of the banshees dear Mother also said. Yet here I stand, exposed to rains that cease not for eleven days now and no sweet words to keep me. I must believe that you feel no fire in your breast for me. Your sister writes to tell me your family is well, prosperous in the market and blessed in strength of womb. Therefore I attest that you have not befallen ill fates--the humours or capture by pirates. Dearest Erica, sweet and gentle maid, do wet your quill for me. Put your mind to recall the autumnal feast of three years last, the mead that loosed my lips--ah but it was not strong brew that conjured my words to you--No, those words were written in my heart. . . The captain calls me to the deck with hurried calls of a great oceanic beast.
Forever yours,
Frederico

4 comments:

Unknown said...

haha i'm laughing already and i've only rad the title - genius!!

Unknown said...

Oh, this made my day, especially with the reference to being blessed in strength of womb.
Come back to me! No, keep having adventures and amusing me with them (while I sit at my desk in my office in Irrrrrrrvine).

Signorina Robyna said...

To the lovely traveling ladies: I am following your adventures! The dual personality of this blog is really entertaining.

Erica, I sense your absence here in Santa Cruz. I wonder if someone is sensing your presence in Thailand...

What is the movie where the universe is in the little ball hanging around a cat's neck?? I can't for the life of me remember...

Much love and safe travels!
Robyn

Chris G. said...

Hi girls. Paul and I were checking out your location on Google Earth, very beachy resorty. Cool. Have you put your toes in the water there on the other side of the world? Any snorkeling? Missing you too but not wishing you 21 degree mornings. Robyn, Paul says the answer is: Men in Black.