Saturday, January 5, 2008

The countdown begins...

Well, here it is 36 hrs to take off and julia and I are relaxing at her abode in Portland, Oregon...

After taking on this hell of a storm we've got here on the West Coast (and putting on my own chains do it!) Grace (my car) and I made it just fine last night. The weather forecast was predicting snow in FEET over the Siskiyou pass through at least Monday, and well, that just wasn't going to do.

Today was running around getting the appropriate medicines and lotions and bathing suit and plug adapters and nursing the head cold of mine that seemed to arrive in my nose today. Julia is taking care of me though.

So far we've booked our first six nights in Thailand, Jan 7-9 we're staying in Bangkok at New Siam II. After three days wandering through the city, we'll fly north to Chiang Mai and stay four nights at Tri Gong residence. (Don't worry Dad, both we OK'd by Lonely Planet as their top picks!) You can check out the residence's at the links below (if you're curious/worried), and stay tuned...

love, e


New Siam II
http://www.newsiam.net/ns/newsiam2.php

Tri Gong Residence
http://www.trigong.com/

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

oh man you ladies,

this is so exciting.

i am going to build a religion around your blog!

somepeoplelikeus said...

I'll totally join that religion! I'm so excited I get to vicariously travel along with you two!

Erica: eat as much Thai food as possible for me!

Julia: make some inappropriate and offensive jokes to the locals for me!

Good luck, enjoy the sun, be crazy, and I love you guys :D

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

I hope you have arrived safely and are enjoying being on such a wonderful adventure! Have fun! So looking forward to reading all about it... Love you... ko